Do you want to be a part of a team with a common goal of helping SMEs grow?
Do you want to enable a better business journey for owners?
We’re looking for a talented and driven Business Services Senior Accountant to join our team and start making a difference in our client’s business journeys.
- Full time
- Milton, Brisbane QLD
- $90,000 – $100,000 per year
Why work at Elements Advisory Group?
Continuous learning, collaboration, and always having fun. These are just a few elements that make our culture great.
We challenge ourselves and each other to go further than we thought possible.
We are a united team sharing common values and goals.
Come and work from our new offices in Brisbane’s beautiful Milton.
Elements Advisory Group (www.elementsadvisorygroup.com.au) is a leading bookkeeping, accounting and advisory firm located in Brisbane, with brand new offices in Milton. Our integrated suite of services helps high-growth businesses feel more in control and supported throughout their business journey.
As a Business Services Senior Accountant, you will be pivotal in delivering exceptional accounting and advisory services to our diverse client base. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled professional looking to advance their career in a dynamic and client-focused environment.
- Collaborate with the Business Services Manager to deliver high-quality accounting and advisory services to a diverse portfolio of clients.
- Prepare and review financial statements, tax returns, BAS/GST returns, and other compliance-related documents.
- Provide clients with expert advice and strategic insights on taxation, accounting, and financial matters.
- Assist with complex accounting tasks and handle technical issues related to financial reporting and taxation.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry regulations, accounting standards, and taxation laws to ensure compliance and accurate advice.
- Mentor and support junior team members, providing guidance and fostering their professional development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization to deliver integrated financial solutions to clients.
Criteria to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- CA or CPA qualified.
- Proven experience (minimum 3 years) in a public practice role within a reputable accounting or advisory firm.
- Sound knowledge of Australian taxation laws, accounting principles, and financial reporting standards.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members.
- Proficiency in Xero accounting software preferred (Xero Tax, Xero Workpapers and Xero Practice Manager)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
At Elements Advisory Group, we offer a supportive and collaborative work environment, competitive remuneration, and excellent opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Other benefits include:
- Industry-leading salary (subject to experience)
- Monthly in-house massages
- Bonus leave day for your birthday
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Employer contribution towards monthly parking (if applicable)
- Weekly team run/walk around the river on Wednesday afternoons
If you are a motivated and experienced Senior Accountant looking to join a progressive firm committed to client satisfaction and employee development, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application will include the following questions:
Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
How many years of taxation experience do you have?
How many years’ experience do you have as a business services accountant?