Do you want to be a part of a team that shares a common goal of helping SMEs grow?
Do you want to enable a better business journey for owners?
We’re looking for talented and driven bookkeeping professionals to join our team and start making a difference in our clients’ business journeys.
- Full time
- Milton, Brisbane QLD
- $80,000 – $90,000 per year
Why work at Elements Advisory Group?
Continuous learning, collaboration, and always have fun. Just a few elements that make our culture great.
We challenge ourselves and each other to go further than what we thought was possible.
We are a united team sharing common values and goals.
Come and work from our new offices in Brisbane’s beautiful Milton.
Elements Advisory Group (www.elementsadvisorygroup.com.au) is leading bookkeeping, accounting and advisory firm located in Brisbane, with brand new offices in Milton. Our integrated suite of services helps high growth businesses feel more in control and supported throughout their business journey.
We deliver market leading foundational accounting and bookkeeping service using Xero as our primary accounting package. However, our service offering expands beyond traditional bookkeeping services into a more technical level of monthly accounts preparation including:
- End of month reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments
- High quality business activity statement and compliance reporting
We also pride ourselves being able to extend additional Financial Control support services to our client base such as:
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts
- Assistance with cash flow management
- Assistance with optimisation of day-to-day business systems
- Assistance with implementation of the Xero Accounting package
We are seeking an additional Senior Bookkeeper to join our growing team to help service the needs of our high quality client base. It is expected that the Senior Bookkeeper will be responsible for the following:
Preparation of end of month reconciliations for all key Balance Sheet accounts such as (not limited to):
- Superannuation liabilities
- Bank Accounts
- Debt Facilties
- Fixed Assets
- Inter-entity loan accounts
Provision of cash flow management assistance to clients;
Payment of supplier invoices on behalf of clients using net banking facilities;
Use of ABA files to process batch payments on Netbank;
Preparation and lodgement of IAS and BAS on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Conducting basic reviews of a clients accounting file and identify areas for improvement and potential inaccuracies.
Assisting with the day-to-day management of your dedicated Support Bookkeeper
Criteria to be successful in this position:
Successful applicants will have the following experience:
- At least 2 years experience as a bookkeeper
- At least 2 years minimum experience using Xero accounting software.
- At least 2 years experience in the lodgement of IAS and BAS (Payroll and GST knowledge is required for this role)
Preferred (but not essential) qualifications are as follows:
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent
- BAS Agent
- Xero Certificate
- Experience using ReceiptBank/Dext
- Experience using Xero Practice Manager
- Experience using Xero Workpapers
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following soft skills:
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks with other team members.
- The ability to efficiently and professionally interact with clients via email, face to face and telephone.
- Ability to self-manage and work well in the “work from home” environment
Our work environment is dynamic and we have a great reputation for our professional delivery and value adding expertise.
- Industry leading salary (subject to experience)
- Monthly inhouse massages
- Bonus leave day for your birthday
- Flexible working hours and arrangements for the right candidate (including work from home options for 1 or 2 days a week)
- Employer contribution towards monthly parking (if applicable)
- Weekly team run/walk around the river on Wednesday afternoons
Your application will include the following questions:
How many years of bookkeeping experience do you have?
Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?
How many years of payroll experience do you have?
Do you have experience using Xero?